Students should meet the following criteria prior to taking the course:
- Taken and passed both CompTIA A+ Certification exams or have equivalent knowledge and experience
- Be able to: Configure and support PC, laptop, mobile (smartphone/tablet), and print devices.
- Know basic network terminology and functions (such as Ethernet, TCP/IP, switches, routers).
- Configure and manage users, groups, and shared resources in a simple SOHO network.
- Understand the use of basic access control measures, such as authentication, security policy, encryption, and firewalls
The CCNA – Implementing and Administering Cisco Solutions certification program is a practical, relevant, and job-ready certification curriculum aligned closely with the specific tasks expected of these in-demand professionals. It realizes that the network professional increasingly must focus on design, configuration, and support responsibilities
The Microsoft Certified Solutions Expert (MCSE): Server Infrastructure certification is the natural path for Microsoft
Certified Professionals holding an MCSA: Windows Server 2012.
The Server Infrastructure specialisation provides the necessary technical background and hands-on labs required to run a highly efficient and modern data centre, with expertise in identity management, systems management, virtualisation, storage and networking. This certification is covered in 2 exams (70-413, 70-414).