We have partnered with companies for many years offering personalized ITIL® Consulting services. Our extensive knowledge and expertise, combined with our certified training experience, enables our team to implement specialized solutions and support your business growth. Below are the four major consulting practices in which we engage:
Assessments help us understanding the effectiveness and efficiency of existing service management processes, or the performance of an existing service, in relation to where we want to be. When we begin our assessments, we look at the relationship between business processes, IT services, IT systems and components that make up an IT system. IT service management processes support the IT services, IT systems and components. We review the results of each to identify the areas needing improvement.
Types of Assessments
• Process only – Assessment only of process attributes based on the general principles and guidelines of the process framework which defines the subject process
• People, process and technology – Extend the process assessment to include assessment of the skills, roles and talents of the managers and practitioners of the process, as well as the ability of the process-enabling technology deployed to support the objectives and transaction state of the process
• Full assessment – Extend the people, process and technology assessment to include an assessment of the culture of acceptance within the organization, the ability of the organization to articulate a process strategy, the definition of a vision for the process environment as an “end state”, the structure and function of the process organization, the ability of process governance to assure that process objectives and goals are met, the business/IT alignment via a process framework, the effectiveness of process reporting/metrics, and the capability and capacity of decision-making practices to improve processes over time.
Gap analysis is a business assessment tool enabling an organization to compare where it is currently and where it wants to be in the future. This provides the organization with insight into areas needing improvement. This can be used to determine the gap between “What do we want?” and “What do we need?”, for example.
The process involves determining, documenting and approving the variance between business requirements and current capabilities. Gap analysis naturally flows from benchmarking, or other assessments such as service or process maturity assessments. Once the general expectation of performance is understood, it is possible to compare that expectation with the level of performance at which the company currently functions. This comparison becomes the gap analysis. Such analyses can be performed at the strategic, tactical or operational level of an organization.
Gap analysis can be conducted from different perspectives such as:
• Organization (i.e. human resources)
• Business direction
• Business processes
• Information technology
Gap analysis provides a foundation for how much effort is required, in terms of time, money and human resources, to have a particular goal achieved (i.e. how to bring a service from a maturity level of 2 to 3)
Following industry best practices, we guide your implementation of various processes for different levels.
• Strategic guidance, including objective setting and long-term planning, to achieve the overall vision.
• Tactical guidance including the medium-term plans required to achieve specific objectives, typically over a period of weeks to months.
• Operational guidance, including the day-to-day or short-term planning or delivery of a business processor IT service management process.
We can also guide your organization through different types of implementations
• Big Bang approach – implementation of all lifecycle phases, or process areas, simultaneously
• Phased approach – implementing processes in bite-size, palatable chucks
• A la carte approach – implementing only the processes your organization feels are necessary
Education & Awareness
One key to successful implementation is buy-in. We have found that the best way to gain buy-in from the top down, as well as from the bottom up, is through education and awareness.
We offer many different services to help your organization in this area.
• Management overviews
• Team overviews
• Implementation “Kick-Offs”
• Road Shows
• Lunch ‘n’ Learns
• Formal Classroom-style training
• Formal Auditorium-style lectures