- About Us
- Corporate Training
ITIL® 2011 Service Design (SD)
Upon successful completion of the education and examination components related to this certification, candidates can expect to gain competencies in the following:
- Introduction to Service Design
- Service Design Principles
- Service Design Processes
- Service Design Technology-Related Activities
- Organizing for Service Design
- Technology Considerations
- Implementation and Improvement of Service Design
- Challenges, Critical Success Factors and Risks
In addition, the training will include examination preparation, including a mock examination opportunity.
The main target group for the ITIL® Intermediate Qualification: Service Design Certificate includes, but is not restricted to, CIOs, CTOs, managers, supervisory staff, team leaders, designers, architects, planners, IT consultants, IT audit managers, IT security managers and ITSM trainers involved in the ongoing management, coordination and integration of design activities within the Service Lifecycle.
This course syllabus may also be of interest to:
- Individuals who require a detailed understanding of the ITIL® Service Design phase of the ITIL® core Lifecycle and how it may be implemented to enhance the quality of IT service provision within an organization.
- IT professionals working within or about to enter, a Service Design environment and requiring an understanding of the concepts, processes, functions and activities involved.
- Individuals seeking the ITIL® Expert certification in IT Service Management for which this qualification can be one of the prerequisite modules.
- Individuals seeking progress towards the ITIL® Master in IT Service Management for which the ITIL® Expert is a prerequisite
- To be eligible for this ITIL® Intermediate Qualification exam, the candidate must have fulfilled the following requirements:
- Must hold the ITIL® Foundation certificate in IT Service Management or ITIL® v2 Foundation plus the Bridge Certificate and must be presented prior to class
- There are no minimum requirements but a basic IT literacy and 2+ years IT experience are highly desirable
- It is also recommended that students should complete at least 21 hours of personal study by reviewing the syllabus and the Service Design book in preparation for the examination
- Approximately 2 hours of home study each evening
Three days- includes lecture, exam preparation, and exam
- 90 minute timed test
- Closed book
- Passing score: 28/40 or 70%